Monday, August 1, 2011

The Inspiration

I started off in college having a deep interest in Political Science and Criminal Justice. Needless to say, neither are the majors that I am attempting now but I did make a valiant attempt at doing so in the beginning. Politics fascinated me and the IDEA of Criminal Justice made me think really hard about the years I spent as a teenager saying "fuck the police". The secretary of the Speaker of the House came into my PS 110 class a few years back and I was captivated by what she was saying and it made me want to know more about the inner workings of Washington and the Government.

When I really started educating myself about the systems of Government and the intricacies that went along with them I was trapped. Later, while I would watch the news, I would tilt my head to  the side and wonder just what was right. At the same time, I picked apart things that could use improvement and was nieve in my beliefs that I could play a role in the improvement. So, I decided that I hated the Government.. I wanted nothing to do with it. I saw the system as something that was far more broken than could possibly be fixed. America was weak and would soon flush itself down because that was what weak countries do. They fail and sink. I vowed to leave this country and go somewhere else. Only to do my research and realize that we are ALL broken on some level or another.

My hope was revitalized when I came to an epiphany. I decided to rally and back groups such as Anonymous. There is where I found my inspiration to start thinking in a more positive manner about the Americas again. It gave me new ideas on how to reach out to people regardless of being PC or not; my message has been prominent and clear. That message has been attacked over and over again. Today being a prime example as I posted a question that was turned into a flame war simply because someone misunderstood and took it way too far.

As I go on writing this blog for myself and others to educate themselves on certain things I have announced to the world that my words are ready and welcoming a response.. negative or not. I am not afraid of you or anyone else. Everyone deserves to know and more importantly, UNDERSTAND what is going on around them. My inspiration is the negative, it's the positive, it's the knowledge that maybe only a handful of people read but perhaps that handful will regain some of their own strength and actually use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment